Hello all! I apologize for my prolonged absence. No real excuse, just that I’ve been LIVING up summer 2011!! I have been spending loads of time with friends, the boyfriend, and doing as I please. It’s been quite…lovely
But what EXACTLY have I been up to…?
- summer reading (um, BOO)
- working out (hittin’ up the WEIGHT ROOM…no longer afraid of ‘dem boys)
- Starbucks & pool dates with friends
- organizing email inboxes, installing Quicken, and other odds & ends that needed to be done on the computer…
On the FITNESS front…
I decided to get over my fear of certain parts of the “macho men” weight room. Hellloooo there, squat rack, nice to meet you . No more hiding in the ‘Group Exercise’ room for me!! I squatted 95 pounds on Monday!! A definite first for me.
Today was hamstrings/calves day. (I also did “workout B” of the Advanced Ab Workout Plan For Figure routine found HERE!! + other abdominal moves) This is what my workout looked like…
- Good morning 3 x 8 85 lb
- Dumbbell straight leg dead-lift 3 x 12 50 lb
- Leg curls 3 x 8-10 75 lb
- Hamstring machine 3 x 8-10 105
- Dumbbell static lunges 3 x 10 50 lb
- Calf raises 3 x 12 170 lb
- Calf presses 2 x 12 (per leg, in/out) 140 lb
- Calf raises on step 2 x 10 (per leg) 50 lb
- Calf press 2 x 12 (both legs, in/out) 280 lb
- 45-degree donkey calf raises 3 x 10 90, 140 lb
- Seated calf raises 2 x 8-10 50 lb
I loveeee leaving the gym with shaky legs.
So now that we’ve covered the “Squat” part of this post…what about the SWEET POTATO part? As you may or may not know, I normally eat a sweet potato a day (to keep the doctor away!!) and I adore them. I typically eat them post-workout…
chicken + sweet potato + cucumber + tomato
whole foods hot bar… two different types of chicken, tofu, collard greens, marinated grilled vegetables, steamed vegetables, half of a smoked sweet potato (AMAZING!!), brown rice, and tropical sweet potato mash
chicken + sweet potato + tomato + cucumber + red pepper
lettuce + sweet potato + cucumber + steak + chicken sausage + tomato + salsa + broccoli
chicken + sweet potato
creamy peanut butter “Think Thin” bar…NEW FAVORITE BAR!!
lettuce + chicken + black beans + tomato + mixture of light ranch/salsa + hard-boiled egg + avocado
banana + maple almond butter
vanilla chobani + raspberries + blueberries + chopped almonds
chicken + sweet potato + tomato + avocado
That’s all I have for now!! I have a busy night tomorrow. One of my friends travelled to Mexico on a missions trip, so tomorrow night she’s making us a homemade Mexican meal. Then, we’re going shagging, followed by a midnight showing of the final Harry Potter movie. PHEW!!
Love to you all!!